Hello Nickel Belt Consituents!
Christmas has come and gone, and I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season with family and friends! A New Year has arrived and there is a great sense of optimism for what lies ahead for all residents of Nickel Belt – Greater Sudbury! Here’s a synopsis of what occurred in December:
Important news from the Hill:
- On December 3rd the Throne Speech was delivered by Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada opening the 1st session of the 43rd Parliamentary session of Canada
- MP Serré met with members of the Indigenous Liberal Caucus to discuss priorities
- MP Serré welcomed some of his staff for training in Ottawa and held meetings with ministerial staff
- Parliamentary Secretaries were announced https://pm.gc.ca/en/parliamentary-secretaries
- MP Serré stood in the House of Commons to recognize Verner’s upcoming 125th anniversary in 2020
MP Serré participated in various meetings and community events:
- MP Serré met Mike Restoule and Peter Recollet to discuss the Huron Robinson 1850 annuity and treaty negotiations
- MP Serré welcomed the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages to discuss growth and development potential in the North
- MP Serré met with Geoffrey Hatton from Spectrum Telecom to discuss opportunities for improved Internet coverage in Nickel Belt- Greater Sudbury
- MP Serré participated in his annual Christmas waving campaign wishing all Nickel Belt – Greater Sudbury residents a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays by waving in Sturgeon Falls, Valley East, Garson and Azilda
We encourage you to like and follow our MP Marc Serré on social media to find out more on all he’s doing for Nickel Belt and Greater Sudbury!